Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I'm a lunatic, part deux.

Hello, dear friends!

It's been almost an entire month since I've left Curse to their own devices, and I am finally ready to share with you guys what, exactly, I've been doing. Like my hero Luke Skywalker, after spending several binary sunsets weighing my options to stick with the Empire or to wander off and find some crazy hermit in the desert, I've decided to hitch my wagon to the hermit and run away to join the Rebel Alliance. That's right, kids. Through careful plotting (no small feat aided by my resident Wookiee/producer boyfriend) and a metric fuck-ton of courage, your creepy pal Lindsay is goin' rogue. I want to be internet famous. I have a lot of knowledge, and I have QUITE a lot to say, and I have a unique way of delivering it. Here's my strategy:

First: I'll be bringing you all the latest gamer news every Friday at 12 noon on my YouTube channel. I'm retaining a show concept I started while at Curse; since my interest in video games drives me, I feel I want to share that with my fans and the world. The show will be primarily me for the first month or so, and then I'll feature correspondents and other features as scheduling allows. (Have ideas for segments? Want to contribute? Email me!) I'll also be blogging regularly so you can follow my process! (LINK)

Second: We're goin' streaking! (+5 to you if you can name that movie.) Or streaming. Whichever. Really though: I've got my own3d.tv channel up and running. I'll be streaming League of Legends around lunchtime my time on weekdays. I fell in love with League of Legends, and primarily so because of Riot's Summoner's Code. I had the privilege of checking out Riot for the NA World Championships down in LA last October, and I met some great Rioters. What they stand for in e-sports and in the larger gaming industry in general are things that resonate with me. Does NOT help my addiction to Sona.

Third: World of Warcraft is what really launched me into the PC gaming stratosphere. In order to pay homage to this most august of games, I'll be organizing events randomly throughout the year which anyone can attend and play (don't worry, you won't need to pay for anything if you don't have the game... it's free until level 20! kek...) so keep an eye out for that schedule on my Facebook page. I also play Minecraft with some really fabulous people, and you can play with us, too. Or I can check out your map and do a video of it, if you want. I'm not limited to just those games, so ping me if you want me to check something out... this is my plate ATM: Hawken, Smite, Tribes: Ascend, PS2, Torchlight 2, D3, WoW, LoL, MC...)

Finally: One of the reasons for my abandoning Curse was because I was told my extra-curricular activities  were deemed "worthless." I happen to politely disagree. In fact, I think there's so much worth in what I do on my own free time, that I'm going to film it and put it on my YouTube Channel. While too numerous to list out (and to save you all from a diatribe on the nitty-gritty) suffice it to say: I'll be producing video content based on these extra-curricular activities. Could be anything from a return of the Baroness (LINK) to my retarded banjo plucking to cosplay events to historical re-enactments to more serious work with other avid filmmakers of my geeky ilk. Yes, Beastie, I mean you.

We need your help! No, we're not asking for money. We're asking for your support, and what that looks like to us is your time in retweeting, "Liking", reposting and sharing the content we're making. That's the only way we'll ever get some momentum. It's really easy, and we'll be forever grateful to you if you wish to support us in our quest for Internet Fame. Ideas, contributions, leads, names, time. All of the ones!

I'll also be making another short announcement about the technical details and whatnot, soon to follow this. I want to thank those of you who have made it to the end of letter. You're fucking rockstars and I love and respect you the more for making it this far.

I look forward to bringing each of you all sorts of entertainment in the very near future.

May the Force be with you,
Lindsay Geektr0n


tl;dr. I want to be internet famous. Please to help! Clicky-click link for more infos. Kthxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment